Primacoustic VoxGuard Nearfield Absorber Mic Stand Sound Booth
Stock : 1
VoxGuard Nearfield Absorber
- Controls ambient space around the microphone
- Creates intimate sound field around the mic
- Delivers cleaner more articulated voice track
- Allows you to add ambiance or effects as needed
The Primacoustic VoxGuard is a high performance ambient noise attenuator designed to surround the microphone and reduce unwanted sounds from contaminating the recording. This nearfield absorber works by creating an acoustic boundary around the microphone that at once contains the voice while eliminating room reflections from entering the mic.
Unlike other similar offerings that employ complex steel parts that are both heavy and cumbersome, the VoxGuard is light weight and extremely easy to use. It starts with a high-impact ABS outer surround shell that snugs onto the mic stand using the microphone's clip to hold it in place. The light weight design makes positioning the VoxGuard easy without the usual fear of the stand falling over which could ultimately damage the microphone.
This makes the VoxGuard effective when used with round base stands, tripods and even with large studio booms. Once mounted, an innovative rear access cable port allows the microphone to be articulated and directed at a specific source, thus enabling the VoxGuard to also be used as an acoustic screen.
The acoustic magic is performed with a high-density open cell acoustic foam liner. This effectively absorbs the voice range while keeping room ambiance out to produce a dry rendering. This is particularly important when attempting to record in rooms with less than ideal acoustics or in noisy spaces. Since the VoxGuard is 50% larger than comparable products, noise flanking is significantly reduced and performance vastly improved.
The VoxGuard is ideal for recording studio vocals, voice-over tracks for film and TV post production, pod casting and field reporting.
The currently shipping VoxGuard has the following improvements included:
- Exit vents: These slots in the PVC eliminate resonance and open up the sound without sacrificing the isolation. This problem was noticed early on and fixed.
- Microphone positioning bar: This no-cost add on allows the user to move the microphone around offering greater flexibility. This also enables various models of mics that are bulky or have strange mounting hardware to be used.
- Extra attachments: Inside the kit, we have also added several attachments. These thumb screws give the user greater flexibility by allowing the hardware to be used in multiple ways.
Primacoustic is a product of Canada. Because of Federal Regulations, we may request your Federal I.D. or SSN for items to ship.